Friday, October 30, 2009

california bonfire

It's been soooo long since I've had a bonfire on the beach. I think I was in high school the last time we had one, and it used to be all the time. Even though I live in Hawaii with the best beaches in the world, there is something so great about a bonfire on the beaches of my hometown. Maybe it's the smell of the salt water mixed with the seaweed, I don't know, it brought back a lot of memories. One night while in CA my family went to Bolsa Chica Beach for a bonfire. We roasted hot dogs and smores and just enjoyed each other's company. It was nice.




Chelcie Welcie.
Brookie Cookie. It was a lot warmer than it appears in these pictures. I think we were just excited to bundle up at the beach.
Chelcie and Bronson chasing after the birds.
Me and my Mom.
Mom and Dad.
Tristan enjoying the music. My dad on the guitar.

Von and Tristan wrestling.

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Are you home yet?? We gotta hang out girl!! We missed you guys! Love all the pictures.
xxx

D Oesterle said...

Love the pics Shandra! I just want to eat Tristan up...I Love him! Looks like you spent a lot of time in CA! Hope you're all well!

Whitney said...

It's so nice to be outside that time of day. Sounds excellent.

Bill Hastings said...

Beautiful! So nice you could spend a few days with your family.

Briana said...

That looks like too much fun!!! Tristan is getting so big! He is so adorable!!!

sara said...

Lucky! I miss bonfires at the beach too. I love your family...looks like you've had a good trip home!