Wednesday, November 4, 2009

halloween festivities

I'm a little relieved that Halloween is over, so we can move on to my favorite holidays of the year, and we can legally start playing Christmas music! And the weather magically dropped 20 degrees the day after Halloween, which has been wonderful. It's been cold! Low 70's, it actually feels like Fall now. We did have a good time on Halloween though, and it seems to be more fun when you have a little one to celebrate the holiday with. Tristan was supposed to wear his monkey costume but it was too warm so we left him in his skeleton onesie. The morning of, we headed over to the pumpkin patch in Kapolei and picked up a couple of pumpkins with some friends. Then spent a little time on the North Shore. In the evening, we went to the Hallstroms for some food and trick or treating. Oh, and you can't have Halloween in the Hastings household without watching a scary movie. We watched "Drag Me to Hell" with some friends at our house. I wish I could tell you if it was good or not, I was sleeping through half of it cause I was pooped, but Christian said it was good. Not really scary, but good fun.




10 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Such a cute kid, you have!

Anonymous said...

I cannot get over his amazing eyes. You need to bring that baby back to Utah.

Whitney said...

Sounds as though you packed it in! I think all holidays must be more fun with keiki. Are you letting him eat his candy? :-)

tatum said...

lol, soooo cute. i love the pics.

Anthony said...

tristan is soo delicious. i love him!!!! shan you're looking hot as always. xo

Anna said...

Just wait until next year when he realizes that people are giving away CANDY. It is like a miracle, because when you are little, candy really is the staff of life. Clara was all over it!
I love the pumpkin patch family photo!

Liz said...

Tristan is so adorable! He has gorgeous eyes! I'm glad we were able to meet him a few months ago. I can't believe how he's growing! Before you know it, he'll be running all over the place!

sara said...

So cute! Halloween was definitly fun with a little one don't you think?!

Steph Strike said...

PS- that post from "anthony" was actually me! ha...i just saw that i was signed into his name. whoops!

Brooke said...

too warm? Girl you are one lucky chica. It is 39 degrees right now. I am not sure I can handle another winter like the last on. IT was sooooo long and soooo cold. I think we need to move away for a while so I can appreciate the season again. Tristian is such a handsome little man. Thanks for share.