Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Maunawili Falls

While Rob and Anna were here (Christian's brother and wife), we decided to take them to Maunawili Falls in Kailua. The trail is about 1 1/2 miles each way and leads to a beautiful waterfall/swim area. The hike is fairly easy except for a few river crossings, which I'm not a fan of because I don't really trust my balance. Semi muddy, and apparently a lot of mosquitoes. I didn't realize that I was getting eaten alive until that next morning when I woke up with almost 25 bites on one leg. I even used repellant and I still got attacked. Unfortunately I think I am allergic to these pesky insects because each bite swells up and becomes really red around it. The sad part about this is that Christian didn't even put bug spray on and he didn't get one bite. Not one. Anyways, I'm glad that I didn't notice the bugs because I wouldn't have enjoyed myself as much as I did. It's a beautiful hike!


Digital Macro. Playing with our new camera.
Tristan was of course an angel. He loves being outside and looking at all the trees and water so he was very content. (Not one mosquito bite on him either. He must have his dad's blood. Lucky boy).
The boys jumped several times off the rock. Unfortunately I missed all of Christian's jumps, (his is the blurry one). It's too bad because he did some pretty cool tricks, double back flip into a swan dive. Pretty unreal. Rob had some pretty crazy jumps as well.

After the hike, we headed over to the North Shore for another dip in the water.

We heart this place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! Will you take us!?

Anna said...

We had so much fun. Thanks for taking us. I loved that hike, but I am super sad for you about the mosquito's.

Whitney said...

Fun! Reminds me of a Hi'ilawe/Anna's Pond mix. Is the water freezing?

Bill Hastings said...

Looks like you had a great weekend together. Good fun!