Saturday, November 7, 2009

No!


The word "No!" seems to be used quite often around here these days. We are at that stage where he wants to touch and break or eat everything. When he doesn't get want he wants, he throws a mini-tantrum and stomps his foot repeatedly on the floor and whines, until he moves on to the next breakable object to destroy. We knew that our house was not really baby-friendly, and we have held out this long without changing it. It's time. Oh, and by the way, the lovely walker that saved my life these last few months may soon be obsolete. I found Tristan the other day hanging up-side-down on the side of it, with his foot stuck in the foot-hole. He pulled himself out on his own. Danger. Tantrums and craziness aside, Tristan is a sweetheart. His sweet little voice is coming out and it melts us when he talks. He loves to wrap his hands around our faces when he gives us kisses. (super wet kisses). Greeting him in his crib in the mornings is my favorite. He is well rested and so happy to see us. So I don't mind his activeness and wanting to explore the world around him. He's a happy baby, and that's all that matters.

5 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I love that you can see you saying "no" in that picture! Classic. He may be getting tougher, but he is cuter than ever!

Bill Hastings said...

When he finally learns "no," you're half way there! Good luck!

Whitney said...

I have a feeling there will be years of "no" to come:-) Love that he's so active and curious, though.

Anna said...

And soon he will be saying no to you....
I love the picture of you saying no!

Brooke said...

I think "No" is the word I use the most these days. It must be hard to say no to such a cute little curious face.