Friday, November 13, 2009

recycle your wardrobe



About once a year I go through my closet and clean out clothes that I don't wear anymore, but sometimes it's hard to let go of a few pieces because they are still in good condish, I'm just over it, or it's outdated. How great would it be if we could reinvent our old clothes to look the way we want? If I were only good at sewing, I would have so much fun with that. I need to take more sewing classes! The fabric of our old clothes could definitely be reused. I stumbled across this book that gives you tips on how to recycle your clothes. She also has a website, where you can send her your old clothes and she can alter it for you. Pretty cool. This book may be a good Christmas present for all of you sewers out there.

3 comments:

Anna said...

My cousin has a really great look. She just has this great style and wears things so well and puts real thought into her wardrobe. Anyway she does this. She takes her clothes and alters them and adds flair etc. I wish I had her vision when it came to clothes. This book looks very cool.

Tasha said...

You see a lot of refurbishing clothes out there on blogs right now too. Pretty cool!

Whitney said...

I SO wish I had skills like that! But alas...