Thursday, July 1, 2010

beach 69

While on the Big Island, we went to Beach 69, one of my new favorite beaches over there. The sand has these little tree coves which makes it feel like your own private beach, and also adds a lot of shade! The waves are calm for baby T and there are some semi fun snorkeling spots.

Photobucket
This swing, that is probably not meant for adults (we find that out later) was calling my name.

Photobucket
So I jump on.

Photobucket
As did Courtney (Christian's sister). I convinced Christian to jump on with us as well and that's when it snapped. He landed flat on his back, just as this little girl arrived to get in line to swing. Sad for her. Sad for Christian too! I'm sure it was the combined weight of the 3 of us that did it in.

Photobucket
Tristan just woke up and is trying to process where he is, while snuggling with his Tutu.

Photobucket
Still in the zone.

Photobucket
T dips his feet in the water and lets us know that he's ready to get in!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
"Dad, just let go. I can handle this!"

Photobucket

6 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Fun pix! Sorry I missed out.

Nancy said...

The beach looks beautiful!! Wow, I guess we need to get back there! Oh yeah so much for getting together this week. Sorry. I think you leave AGAIN pretty soon, right? Hope you have a great weekend!

elise said...

I can NOT get over that boys' eyes! Seriously. Biggest, prettiest eyes ever!

Tasha said...

That looks just gorgeous. And really, T is just so cute and handsome. I just love his smile.

Bill Hastings said...

P.S. Don't let Annie Akau hear you call it "Beach 69." It's "Waialea."

Anna said...

We loved that beach last time we were there. The kids went nuts on the rope swing.