Friday, July 2, 2010

anna's pond... and beyond

Our last day with Courtney on the Big Island, we decided to go for a hike. We headed up to Anna's pond, and we continued on to this other waterfall (I'm going blank on the name, actually, I don't even remember hearing a name)- (that's because it's known as 'the place'...per christian's update). When we got to the falls, we saw some crazy (soon to be nude) people jumping from the rocks. We noticed at the top of the waterfall, there were smaller waterfalls, with little ponds. As tempted as we were to join in with the hippies, we decided to walk over to the ponds on top.


Photobucket
About 1/2 into the hike. It was too green to not stop and take pictures.


Photobucket
Spotting the falls on top.

Photobucket
We found a slide! You can tell by Christian's face that the water was a little chilly. He's so brave!

Photobucket

Photobucket
He slid down several times and loved it. He was the only one that wore his suit, otherwise, the 3 of us would have been more than happy to jump into that ice cold water. wink.

Photobucket
On our way back. I have to admit, my favorite part about hiking is the way back. It's all down hill!

6 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Let's do it again!

Tasha said...

That looked very fun. Gorgeous too.

Anna said...

I like the downhill best too.
So pretty. I've never been up there.

Unknown said...

this does look fun I'm in hawii now looking to do this hike can you help me?

Unknown said...

I'm in Kona all the waterfalls are in hilo, thanks for any help. I would love to do this, I'll post my pictures afterwards! Any roads would be helpful or directions, I'll make sure and keep the info away from public knowledge~

Unknown said...

Can I get some directions to get there please