Thursday, July 22, 2010

swim school

Tristan just completed his first session of swim school and he loved it! Some of the progress he made this first time around: he can now hold his breath under the water without any fear, he can blow bubbles, he can jump from the edge of the pool into my arms. I noticed that he was the only one with obedience issues. (He was the youngest in the class). He really didn't care what his instructor had to say or wanted him to do. It was mostly just playtime for him, so he thought. He enjoyed climbing out of the pool and running around while the lifeguard chased him around. He thought that was funny. I'm excited to sign him up for more classes because I think he is catching on pretty quick! I'm sure he will learn to listen with time- let's hope!

Photobucket
Thank goodness the pool is over 85 degrees. Sometimes too warm! Entering the pool is always a breeze.

Photobucket
Dunking under the water.

Photobucket
"Did you see that, Dad?"

Photobucket
"Hi Dad!" Tristan loved the toys available to play with. In fact, they were a big distraction most of the time and we had a problem with him stealing the other kid's toys right out of their hands. Something to work on.

Photobucket
Tristan jumps into the water without even moving his feet from the edge. Mad skills.

Photobucket
Medal Ceremony Day. Tristan gracefully accepts his medal by throwing it on the ground.

Photobucket
"Mom! put that camera down and get me off this box!"

Photobucket
Tristan with his instructor. He loved her. Yes, those are real tears and real snot.

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh my, I can not stop laughing!! That is so cute! I love the tears and the medal tossed across the floor....classic. Let me know when you sign up for the fall because I am thinking of taking Abi.

Bill Hastings said...

Poor, abused child!

Whitney said...

I'm impressed that he dunks and holds his breath underwater. He'll be swimming like a fish before we know it!

Anna said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha. love the award ceremony.

Alisa said...

Yay for Tristan!

Brooke and Mando said...

I probably watched that video like 20 times! I'm obsessed with him! I'm so proud of little Tristan, he is a champ!

sara said...

Oh boy, he acts just like Maggie! Those two would be such a pair together! He looks so happy and content in the water :)