Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm so glad you were born because...


Birthday's are very different as you get older.  It's really not a big deal to recognize the day as much and you don't really feel like you need to be made over like you used to when you were a kid.  Even though Christian didn't really care to party hard for his birthday last week, I still thought it was important to make him feel special.  Everyone needs to feel special on their birthdays.  I need to thank EVERYONE who contributed to his "I'm So Glad You Were Born Because..." gift.  The responses were so wonderful and Christian really enjoyed reading each one of them.  We had 32 responses for our new 32 year old!  I hope that Christian knows how much he is loved by everyone and how rad he is.  I am SO lucky to be married to this man.  Even though you decided to stay in on your b-day because you were too tired, and we over charred your frozen birthday pizza, I hope that you had a special day!  I love you. xoxo.

The birthday pizza.  Burning a pizza is unheard of in our home.  One of Christian's many talents is taking out a pizza or cookies at the perfect time.  I'm not kidding, he gets it right every time.  I think that he had some distractions going on this night.  Please note that we did have a delicious homemade German Chocolate Cake with ice cream later that night.  So the evening wasn't a total bomb.  

  

2 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

What a great idea you had for the birthday boy. Sorry I missed out on the pizza!

Courtney said...

I love that you did that for his bday. You rock.

And tragic about the pizza. I have experienced first hand his skills. I'm shocked.