Thursday, July 14, 2011

4th of July weekend part I

Betsy's blessing took place during the 4th of July weekend; therefore we were able to have a little longer weekend to play with the fam while they were in town.  My parents flew in a couple of days earlier to play and Christian's parents came in a little after them and gave themselves enough Oahu play time too.  The weather was absolutely perfect!  I loved that.  I feel like every time my family comes to town, the weather is stormy.  But I couldn't have asked for better weather.  The sun was out the whole time, with a light breeze.  We did a lot of beach time, visited the Dole Plantation, rode ATVs, ate lunch in Haleiwa (my fave), a little pool time at the hotel.    

Betsy was a little bored with us and had other plans for the weekend; sleep.

While driving near Crouching Lion, we pulled over at this beach.  I love Oahu because the beaches go on for miles, so you can always find a beach to yourself.  

At the Dole Plantation, we rode the train and learned a lot of cool facts about the plantation.  Who James Drummond Dole was and when the pineapple first came to Hawaii.  



Papa Hastings met Betsy for the first time on this trip.

Beautiful Waimanalo Beach.  We ended up going here twice because we had so much fun.  The water was warm and fun to body surf in.  Our first trip there, we had a freak rain squall.  It was crazy because we could see the wall of rain slowly coming towards us.  It hit us pretty hard.  Christian and his parents took Betsy and ran for cover, while my parents, Tristan and I stayed in the ocean and swam.  The sun quickly popped back out after the rain squall left.  

 Tutu played in the sand with T-bone.
 
I'm sharing this picture just to show how difficult it is to put sunscreen on this little boy.  I usually end up chasing him around the beach and have to tackle him to the ground.  

This is a close up of the torture.  

The results: An angry boy with blotchy sunscreen and a single tear.  

Tristan enjoyed burying his Dad in the sand. 

While Betsy kicked it in the shade.  "rock on" she says.  



Nama snuggled with Betsy back at the hotel.  

Tristan had a few sleepovers at the hotel with Nama and Papa.  He did really well!  Thanks again for taking him Mom and Dad!  :)  

4th of July weekend to be continued...  

5 comments:

Courtney said...

It's official: I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world. Seriously, your babies are perfect. I need to snuggle with Betsy. Now. And Tristan is amazing. I love the angry sunscreen picture. And lastly, can I please go to the beach with you!? So jealous.

Bill Hastings said...

I was indeed a perfect weekend. Looking forward to the rest of the story.

Whitney said...

Man, those beaches are amazing. That water! Sounds like a great time - except for TKan and the sunscreen:-) That picture of Betsy yawning is so cute.

bbcurfew said...

Betsy is so cute!! Looks like the perfect weekend. We are heading to Maui soon- really wish we could see you guys!!

Chelcie said...

Betsy has changed so much, I love how round her face is. I think she looks like me as a baby ;) I was cracking up looking at the pictures of Tristan. He's so much fun! Mom and dad are so cute with them.