Friday, July 22, 2011

4th of July weekend part II

I've always wanted to explore Kualoa Ranch.  The mountains are so beautiful and it's always green.  It kind of reminds of The Great Valley from Land Before Time, or a little like what heaven will be like.  Many movies and shows have been filmed in this valley; Jurassic Park, Godzilla, Pearl Harbor, Along Came Polly, Fifty First Dates, Lost, and Hawaii 5-0.  We kind of decided last minute to go on an ATV Tour in the valley.  I'm so glad we did!  It was a ton of fun.    

image via Kualoa







Round 2 of Waimanalo Beach.  We came back here on the 4th (following the early morning AVT rides) and it wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be.  I took some really cute pictures of T with his dad on the body board.  I couldn't choose just one to post because he's so cute in all of them.  He gets so excited when he catches a wave.  







I think that this was the day that I caught my bad cold.  :(  We swam a lot that day and I think that my head filled up with the ocean.  My head hurt so bad.  That night, I decided I didn't feel well enough to watch fireworks, so I stayed in with Betsy boo.  My parents were pooped and called it a day after the beach, and Bill flew out that afternoon.  Tristan, Christian, and JLynn gathered at our friends apartment, overlooking the Ala Wai and city lights.  They got to watch the fire work show from the balcony.  Best view in the whole city!

My cold lasted a few more days.  Fevers came and went.  It wasn't fun.  But I need to thank JLynn for taking little Tristan those next couple of days.  (My parents flew out the next morning).  I feel sad that I missed out on all the fun they had, but I am SO glad that she was here to relieve me so I could rest.  And of course Betsy was an angel for me and slept when I needed to sleep.  Tristan and his Tutu went to the zoo for about 5 hours one day!  They went to the Discovery Center.  Lots of toys and puzzle time.  Thank you to all grandparents for taking care of Tristan while you were here.  He loved every second of it.  It's so wonderful when family comes in town.  Thanks for the good times everyone!

6 comments:

Alisa said...

Looks like fun!

Emily C said...

Oh-my-gorgeous!!!! Sorry you had a bad cold.

Anna said...

Wow. I want to go to there.

Sorry you were sick, but glad you had reinforcements.

Bill Hastings said...

The 4th was wonderful - both Kualoa & Waimanalo. Glad we could be there with you.

Whitney said...

So beautiful! You guys look awesome in your helmets. So sorry about the stickness.

cassidy said...

The ATV tour looks awesome. That's going on my Hawaii bucket list.

I love the pics of Tristan catching waves - he looks so happy!