Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Betsy is 3 months old!

Tomorrow Betsy hits her 3 month mark.  I need to recognize how incredible this little girl is and how much she makes us happy.  This might be a brag post but I don't care!  There is something about fat babies that make them so happy and content.  Betsy, if you haven't noticed, is a big girl.  Not only is her chubbiness adorable, but she is also well-fed and satisfied, which means less crying and a ton of sleep.  She has been sleeping straight through the night since she was one month old.  From 8 pm until 6:30 or 7 am.  Every. Single. Night.  It's comforting knowing that when I put her down, she is down for good.  And...when I put her down, she falls asleep on her own!!  I used to have to nurse Tristan to sleep every single night, but this little girl sucks her thumb and puts herself to sleep.  She has already picked up on the nap time schedule, napping about 3 times a day, starting at 9 am every morning.  I lay her down and she goes right to sleep.  (or in the car seat if we are on the go).  All of this sleeping stuff is so foreign to me!  What a blessing she is to us.  And I know that all of her good sleeping habits will change with time, as she gets new teeth or grows, but until then I'm loving it!





 Does this girl realize how good she has it?  Just lounging on a beautiful Oahu beach.  This was actually a new beach called Chuns.  Our first time there.  The boys took the longboard out for perfect learner waves.  

 I needed to add this photo to show all of the rolls, which I adore.  

 This is how she sucks her thumb.  I wish I could get a hold of a picture of me sucking my thumb like this too.

 Christian probably won't be happy that I'm posting these pictures of him but I LOVE them!  Him with his little girl.  She really really adores her dad.  


 This past Sunday, Christian stayed home from church because he wasn't feeling that well.  I left Betsy with him, because she sleeps anyways, and it would be a challenge carrying her in her car seat with Tristan in tow.  Anyways, this is the outfit I came home to; her harajuku skirt with no shirt.  Dads are the best.

Did I mention that she loves to cuddle?  She loves to rest her head on my shoulder or chest when I hold her.  I'm soaking it all in.  We go in for her 3 month doctors appointment tomorrow.  Will keep you posted on her record breaking stats!

7 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

She's getting cuter and cuter! Waiting to hear if she's broken any records.

Anna said...

She's so freaking cute. I love it. I love those rolls. And I'm so glad she's a sleeper, you needed that!
-Court

Anna said...

I want to eat her up. I really really really want to meet her and pinch her cute little thighs.

Gavin and Shawna said...

I cannot believe she is 3 months all ready...time flies. She is so cute...and I love the chubs...fits right in with all my babies=)

Alisa said...

Yay for fat babies! I love them!

Chelcie said...

She is sooooo chubby! Ha ha. She's just busting out of that swim suit. You have one sweet little girl though, ahh! I need to cuddle with her right now. :)

cassidy said...

I'm so glad for you that Betsy is such a good sleeper! You deserve it.

I love the photo of her in her cute little swimsuit showing off her legs!