Monday, July 11, 2011

Betsy's blessing day

  Little Betsy was blessed at church two Sundays ago by her Dad.  Both of our parents were able to fly in for the special occasion.  It was a blessed day.

The Baby: Slept the whole time and made it easy. Got a little antsy in the hot sun for photo shoot time, but as always, she was an angel. 
The Dress: My mom made this dress for me 30 years ago for my blessing day.  I was blessed in this dress!  Thank goodness we were both XL babies to fit into the same dress.  The dress was a little yellowed, and the sleeves needed new elastic in them (which I didn't bother doing), otherwise it was perfect for her.  We can say that her dress was truly vintage.  :)
  



This is actually the first family photo of the 4 of us.  Tristan was being a little rascal and didn't want to participate in family photos.  This is the best we could get.  Betsy, of course, was an angel.

Nama and Papa Clawson with the kiddos.

Our Fam with Tutu and Papa Hastings.

Tristan enjoyed picking flowers to wear behind his and Betsy's ear.  


The after after party: We invited a couple families and had lunch/dinner at Manoa Park.  


  Chicken salad sandwiches with yummy pasta and fruit salads.





Thank you everyone for loving and supporting our sweet little Betsy.  More pictures to come from the fun-filled weekend.

14 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my goodness. I am in love with that baby. She is so chubby, I love it. And Tristan is such a sweet big brother. And the food looks delicious. I wish I could have been there. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was great. Wish we all could have come. Darn ocean. She is adorable.

tatum said...

B is for Beautiful Betsy. what a perfect little fam.

Artsy Aut said...

Looks like a wonderful day! Cant wait to see that little girl again (hopefully soon!) love you guys!

Bill Hastings said...

So glad we could be there. It was a great event!

Ann and Dan said...

We love little Betsy and you guys too!!! Thanks for letting us share this special day with you guys!

The last Unicorn said...

she is precious and I love that you have your blessing dress for her to wear! Even more special that your mom made it. Love you guys!

Alisa said...

Wish we could have been there!

Anna said...

Lucy=Anna

Chelcie said...

What a special day. Mom has some mad skills.. I love Betsy's dress! You look so good by the way! The picture where dad is holding baby is sooo cute.

Whitney said...

What a little doll. Love that she got to wear your dress, and that she's passed out in most of the pictures! You needed a mellow babe. P.S. Deetrix looks like he's paluing behind you in the last pic:)

elise said...

Betsy's cheeks are perfectly squeezable. Precious. Shandra, you are seriously, so, so pretty. You always look so great and happy!

Tasha said...

She looked so beautiful. I love that she was blessed in your blessing dress. You have such a beautiful family. I am glad both grandparents were able to be there for it. Betsy is such a darling little girl.

(Shandra, I love the dress you are wearing. Did you order it online by any chance?)

Steph Strike said...

I love her vintage dress! I can't believe your mom made it!! So darling. What a fun weekend to spend with your parents too! Your mom does not age and the both of you are gorgeous. I can't wait to meet Betsy, her chubbiness is wonderfully adorable. xo