Saturday, April 24, 2010

xzibit meets tristan

The other night we went into Waikiki to have dinner with Shandra's mom and some fam that was visiting. We sat outside and took turns the whole time chasing Tristan around and letting him ride up and down the nearby escalators (his new favorite thing in the world).

Later, at the end of dinner, I was following him as he headed past the entrance to the restaurant toward the escalators and saw someone I thought I recognized.
He was walking into the restaurant with a couple others and stopped and kind of laughed when he saw Tristan running at him. He even commented on his little 'flip flops'.
I looked at him and thought, "That's Xzibit!" Then he went inside.


For some reason I have an uncanny ability to recognize famous people, and even though I hardly listen to hip hop at all, I knew it was him. I also am proud of my ability to research and obtain any information from the internet. Once, we were in F21 and heard a song we liked. I went home after and worked my magic. Through the wonders of Google I was soon able to find out what the song was. It was on some random girl's MySpace page, she may have worked at an F21 or something. Shandra was impressed.

Yesterday, I was thinking about the previous night's event and had to prove it to myself. I worked my internet research skills to track down Xzibit's exact whereabouts
. Sure enough, his Twitter page from Thursday morning said 'On my way to Hawaii'. Nailed it. It was him, and he had given a shout out to my son.

To sum up, Tristan and Xzibit are now boyz.

6 comments:

Drew and Stormi said...

Awesome!

Bill Hastings said...

Mom recognized a guy who plays in "Bones" at the airport. Maybe you got your special talent from her. You certainly didn't get it from me! Cute!

Anna said...

word

(is that even slang. do i sound like a suburban old white mom when i say things like word?)

Shandra and Christian said...

word up!

Whitney said...

Love it. I think I share your talent for recognizing famous people, although I have no idea who Xzibit is. But it sounds as if he and Tristan had a real nice moment:-) Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on that. Never heard of Xzibit, so T is way ahead of me!