Monday, July 20, 2009

we heart christian

My hubby turned 30 today! You have to admit, he still looks 21. Not a wrinkle on that baby face of his. He is still as handsome as ever. Unfortunately he got sick yesterday and only worked half day today. What a way to spend your big 3-0. He's sleeping right now and that's why I am able to write this quick birthday tribute for him. So why do I adore this boy?

He's so talented.
C always has new projects up his sleeves.

He loves sweets.
I blame Christian for my chubbiness. I don't remember being this obsessed with chocolate until I married him. The boy has got to have his chocolate fix every night, as do I.

He loves the ocean.
For two people that love the ocean so much, what better place to live than Hawaii? Christian can't get enough of surfing. He lives in the water pretty much year-round.

He's an awesome dad.
TK just adores his dad, however, I don't think baby T realizes just yet how COOL his dad is. He'll find out in no time.

He loves animals.
I call him the 'cat whisperer'. He is one with the animals and I swear they understand each other. He loves all animals, except for Gidget (sorry mom). His favorite thing to do is talk to stray cats on the side of the road. There has been a few times were he has pulled the car over just to have a chat, and they talk back.

He's secretly REALLY funny!
This guy free-style raps like no other, and he has dance moves that would blow your mind. He is constantly making me laugh.

He loves to snuggle.
I love when my husband says, "let's snuggle". That's a little too good to be true.

Happy 30th Christian! We love you.

9 comments:

Whitney said...

We, too, heart Christian, for all those reasons (except the snuggling). Happy birthday, Deetrick! Sorry you got sick. I'll try call again soon.

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday!! Sad you are sick. Hopefully you will feel better soon and then really get to celebrate your birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Grecian! I can't believe he's 30 already...And it's true, he's a pretty cool guy to be related to.

Drew and Stormi said...

Happy Birthday Christain! We wish we could celebrate with some chocolate with you! Hope you feel better!

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Christian! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Bill Hastings said...

Happy Birthday, Sonny Boy! We're mighty proud of you and are enjoying watching your life unfold. Nice post, Shandra.

Danielle said...

Happy birthday Christian! We hope its a great day, aside from being sick. :) We hope we get to see you guys in August!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Happy B-day Old man!! You need to stop making Hawaii look so fun...Gav is scoping out any way a position can be available to him there once his residency is done...I fear I would never see him nor would his patients.

Anna said...

I thought I left my happy birthday wish already....guess not.
We heart him too and can't wait to see you all. Happy Birthday and sorry about the illness.
PS Is your phone working? Rob hasn't been able to get through.