Monday, July 6, 2009

sweet land of liberty

I love 4th of July. It's all about the hot dogs, watermelon, and root beer floats. And of course the sparklers. And not to mention the birthday of our Country! Christian had Friday off from work so we started our holiday weekend a little early. On Friday we hit up Waimanalo Beach with some friends. It was a beautiful day and the water was so warm. I finally got to jump in the water for a swim, it's been awhile since baby T has been around. Dinner and Settlers game at the Garners. I'm proud to say that I won! I'm sure there's no surprise there.


Baby T at Waimanalo Beach.
We are fortunate to have awesome friends with an incredible view! It was perfect for watching the fireworks at Ala Moana. The firework show was super.



The fireworks were followed by root beer floats and sparklers. It was funny to watch all of the men/husbands get more into lighting off the fireworks than the kids. All boys are secretly pyros.



God bless America!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures! Those pics of Ala Moana are incredible! Can't wait to meet baby T...so soon!

Whitney said...

You've got to be kidding me with those landscape pics of the fireworks. They can't be real! Amazing. Sounds as if you guys had a fun weekend.

Emily C said...

your not kidding with the INCREDIBLE views!!! wowza. what a great 4th!!

Tasha said...

Sounded like a good 4th to me. This really is one of my favorite holidays! I would have to agree that all boys are pyros at heart too. It is pretty funny

Nancy said...

We loved it too!!! Thanks for making such a great holiday! We love you guys!

Bill Hastings said...

Beautiful pix! And Tristan just gets cuter and cuter!

Danielle said...

What an amazing view! Derek and I were reminiscing about our 4th of July last year... mango pie and fireworks! :)

Anna said...

Glad you had a great 4th. I heart the 4th with all my heart. It's better than Christmas in my book.