Thursday, November 3, 2011

A special visit from Chelcie

My sister Chelcie came to visit us last month for almost a whole week!  She stayed at our house and got to see first hand how we deal with our insomniac child; fighting bed time and both kids rising with the sun.  The on and off rains in Manoa.  Climbing the never ending stairs to our front door about 3 or 4 times a day.  I sure hope that she had a good time and will want to come back and visit us again one day!  :)  Chels helped me out so much while she was here.  I wish I could convince her to move in with us.  I'm sure she would love that.  Sometimes I daydream about there being two of me.  While I'm feeding Betsy, the other me is preparing dinner in the kitchen.  Or someone is playing and entertaining Tristan while I take a shower and get ready for the day.  That was Chelcie!  She was my other half and jump right in when things needed to get done.  Seriously, she is so awesome.  We loved having her here.  

So we did hit up the beach a few times while she was here.  The weather was beautiful!  I only took my camera out while we were at Gas Chambers on the north shore.  We made a whole day out of it out on the NS.  After the beach, we went to the Haunted Lagoon canoe ride at the Polynesian Cultural Center.  Terrified Tristan, but was really really well done.

So at Gas Chambers, while Christian was doing this...


We hung out on the beach and soaked in some sun.  Tristan LOVES his Aunt Chelcie.  I think he has a crush on her because he kept telling me how "pretty" Chelcie was.  



I'm sorry, but these goggle pictures are ridiculously cute.  


We love you too Chelcie!  Please come back again and visit.

7 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

A little help is so nice! Sounds like a great visit.

Dana and Chase said...

aw man im jealous! sisters are such a good help. lori is coming this week and im excited!maybe i can convice chelcie to come help with the twins hahaha. Miss you shandra!

cassidy said...

I LOVE those goggle pics! Too cute.

becca olsen said...

Fun!!! What a great picture of Christian surfing! Your sister and you look so much alike! Miss you!

Whitney said...

So nice she could visit! Tristan looks so special in those goggles:-)

Tasha said...

So much fun. I love that Chelcie came out for a whole week. Lucky you. Sister time is the best.

Chelcie said...

Ha ha I just love that little boy so much! We for sure bonded while I stayed with you :) It was a fun trip, thanks love!