Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mokuleia

A couple of weekends ago we stayed with some friends, the Hintons, in Haleiwa in their guest  house/room.  It really felt like a mini vacation away from home.  And we knew we were in the country when the roosters woke us up at the break of dawn, to the smell of bacon and waffles.  What a treat to stay at the Hinton B&B!  

The next day we headed to one of the Mokuleia beaches near the end of the road.  It was a beautiful beach with nice warm weather.  We are trying to minimize our loads to the beach because it's getting kind of crazy.  So we no longer carry Betsy in her car seat, because she's getting quite heavy, and she now enjoys sitting on a towel and playing in the sand.  We also try to avoid bringing the umbrella too so we tried to build a little shelter for Betsy.  It all worked out just fine.  And of course I only take pictures of the kids and forget to capture anything else.
   
Betsy with her dad, enjoying the view.
 My handsome husband.
We did a lot of this:
Sorry for the bathing suit shots.  I made these pictures small for a reason.  :)

Oh man, I love these kids.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I love them, too. Those pictures are great, I love the last one of bets. It was so fun to talk to them Sunday.

Artsy Aut said...

You guys can come stay every weekend!! I loved having you here. It was a great beach day! And I apologize for the roosters, they are soooo annoying!

Whitney said...

Cute pictures! I love the one of Bets and Deetrix where it looks as if she's chatting with him.

Chelcie said...

Betsy is seriously the cutest looking baby ever! I wish I could reach into the pictures and snuggle with her! Looks like you guys had fun :)

Bill Hastings said...

Great pix; cute kids! So glad we could be together last week.

Anna said...

Such great pictures. All of them. We really really hope we can come to HI this summer. It's in the plans. June....you guys gonna be around? Time to get to know these little people!