Sunday, March 20, 2011

pecha kucha night

Some of you may or may not know this about Christian, but he is incredibly talented. When he's not working at his architecture firm, he's moonlighting as a designer. There's not much designing going on at his firm right now because most of the work is just restoration projects, so Christian's creative outlet is through Arkotec; his underground t-shirt design company and Products for People line (homemade goods).

Christian signed up to present at this past Friday's Pecha Kucha Night; it's an event that happens every few months where designers can meet, network, and share their work with the public. 20 slides/20 seconds each slide. On top of that, he decided to be a part of the hifi fashion incubator, and display his stuff at Ala Moana Center for 10 days. Pecha Kucha was held at hifi's space at Ala Moana on the opening night so it was the perfect opportunity to introduce the public to Arkotec.

I wanted to post about this because I am so proud of my Christian. He did an awesome job presenting; he's a natural when it comes to talking about one of his passions.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christian had some fans shouting for him from the audience. :)

Some highlights from his presentation;
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
But his number one fan was waiting for him off-stage. He's so proud of his daddy.

9 comments:

Chelcie said...

Way to go Christian!! The whole presentation looked amazing! Shandra, your stuff looked great too :) Bronson's due for some new shirts, i'll get some when I see you in 6 weeks!

Bill Hastings said...

Looks like a great presentation! We'll be anxious to hear more.

Whitney said...

Wow, it looks so great! Good job, Deetrix and Shan!

Drew and Stormi said...

We love Arkotec! I still have the pillow you gave us for Kai! Way to go Christian...very impressive!

Anna said...

Excellent.
I think it is time we placed another order.

Tasha said...

So impressive! Way to go Christian. I know my brothers always loved his shirts. Do you have kid shirts? I bet my boys would love them. (And do you have a button to a shop? I would happily add it on my craft blog?)

Courtney said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went smoothly. Keep us posted!

Jersey City Apartment said...

so cool! shan, do you still make the pillows and plush toys? they are adorable.

Jersey City Apartment said...

haha, it's steph strike aka "jersey city apartment"