Tuesday, March 1, 2011

couples baby shower

I was SO glad that Christian came out to CA with me on this trip. Not only to help me on the flights with Tristan, or to take turns putting that insomniac boy down for bed, but to join me in my baby shower that my family put on for me. They turned it into a couples shower and all of the guys got to come! I'm sure that all of the boys were just as thrilled as Christian was that they got to attend a baby shower. (ha). They were all great sports and we really had such a good time. It was great seeing everyone. I swear, we have the coolest friends. And Christian did know more than half of the couples in the room, so he was not an outcast.

I have very limited pictures from the evening. I didn't even get pictures of everyone that attended. Or the food, which was amazing! Catered by our favorite CA joint, Pick Up Stix. (Chinese Cuisine). I was probably too busy eating it to think about taking pictures of it. Here are a few shots that were captured that night;

Photobucket
This picture makes me laugh. Poor Christian, getting smashed by his chubby wife, as we try to squeeze into the same chair. After we had dinner and visited downstairs, the herd was moved up into the bonus room to play a game and open presents. Funny story: As we walked into the bonus room, we were shocked to see how many presents there were sitting there waiting for us to open. Being a first time shower attendee, Christian was also shocked when he found out that we had to open these presents in front of everyone. I had to explain to him that that's what we do at showers; ooohhh and awww over the cute baby stuff. He was so confused.

Photobucket
Left: Shellee and Nick. Right: Emily and Ben.

Photobucket
Left: Anthony and Steph. Right: Lori and Haws.

Photobucket
Left: Vauri and Jay. Right: Will and Jenn.

Photobucket
Left: Seth and Kim. Right: Whit and Jim/Shawna and Gavin.

Photobucket
Front: Kelly and Jason. Back: Sara and Dave.

Photobucket
Left: Kelly and Dave. Right: Rob and Adrienne.

Photobucket
Tristan waits patiently for presents to start opening. When he realized that mom and dad were taking too long to open the presents, he sort of snapped and decided to take matters in his own hands by destroying all of the unopened presents- pulling tissue out and throwing it everywhere and mixing up the cards. It was funny to watch but hard to keep track of the presents.

Photobucket
Girls clothes are so much fun. And it looks as though Christian caught on quick to the "oooohhhing".

Photobucket
Game time. Each couple had to pair up with another couple to write a story about Christian and I. They were instructed to include all of the words at the top of the page in their story.

Photobucket
Here we are reading the stories out loud. Hilarious! The things people came up with. It was a lot of fun.

Thanks fam for the fun shower!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad Christian was a good sport and participated...and totally jealous that Whit and Jim got to go.
PS. You are NOT his chubby wife, you are his pregnant wife. And you deserve more than half that chair.

Emily C said...

i love your flowery top. where do you maternity shop?
i cant wait to see how beautiful your little girl will be. any names picked out yet? and p.s. you are more than welcome to stay at the ranch. its a really nice and relaxing place. jlynn will be out here in a couple weeks and will be here for pearce's first bday party.

The last Unicorn said...

It was such a fun shower!!!
why do I always make such weird faces in pictures??

Tasha said...

So fun!! It looked like it was a great baby shower. So many fun friends and their husbands came too :) Baby girl stuff is so fabulous. I am glad you got a trip to California too!

jenn (+ will) said...

it was seriously so much fun! thanks for having us!!

Brooke said...

Man that looks like so much fun! I love baby girl clothes. I don't know if it is in our future though. I can't wait to see another gorgeous baby from you guys!