Friday, August 28, 2009

Mainland Trip - McCall, Idaho

After our California stay, we flew out to Salt Lake and then drove 8 hours up to McCall, Idaho. First things first, we need to thank Courtney and Anna for planning all the details of this trip. Christian and I knew we would be fed well and we were not let down. The meals and desserts were delish! We had a really fun time in McCall. Sorry for the picture overload. We tend to take a lot of pictures and it's hard to narrow it down.

First stop in Salt Lake, Nana and Papa's house for some pizza. This was the best picture we could get with Tristan. He was sleepy and cranky. Aunt Lina and Cousin Lisa came over, as well as my very pregnant girlfriend Steph, and her husband Anthony. It was so good to see all of them.
Our drive up to McCall. I sat in the back with T-bone most of the way.
The cabin.
Down by the lake. Christian and Jim inching their way into the water. They regretted not bringing their wetsuits.
Tristan with Tutu and Grandpa.
This is where Tristan hung out for part of the time, in his car seat on the sand. We were able to catch him being cute.
In love. :)
Bundled up with Dad.
Canoeing with Tucker.

We went Ice Skating on my birthday.
Pulling some cool tricks. Christian ate it big time while we were trying to race each other. He got a nasty bruise on his hip afterward. Poor guy.
Doesn't he look like a newborn in this picture? Or do I just have big hands?
My delicious birthday cake, German Chocolate Cake. Oh so yummy. Tristan was in awe of the candles. Maybe because there were so many of them!

While the crew went rafting, Anna and I stayed back with the little ones.
Fire pit = Smores.
T kicking it with Aunt Whitney.
Back in Salt Lake. My very pregnant friend Steph (noted above) had her baby!!!! 5 weeks early. Sweet little Benjamin Sterling was born on my birthday. He's precious. Amazing timing little man. We are so glad we got to meet you before we headed back to Hawaii.
Me with Baby B. I thought this picture was cute with my boys hanging out in the window.
Our last night in Utah, we headed down to Springville to visit with Christian's grandparents at his Aunts house. It was good to visit with all of them.

We flew home that next morning. I caught some sort of flu bug that last night and had to travel home sick. I think that traveling sick is the worst thing ever. I threw up while going through the security screening, and I had a fever and sore throat the whole 7 hour flight home. I'm so glad Christian was with me to help with T-bone. I couldn't have done that trip home alone. It's good to be home though. Thanks to all of our friends and family for making our mainland trip so fun. We miss you folks already.

8 comments:

Tasha said...

What a great trip!!! I did't put together that Steph had her baby on your birthday. How awesome is that!! (I still want to know what happened with him coming 5 weeks early. Can you please tell me?) I am glad you got to do so many fun things. :)

Liz said...

We were so glad that you made the trip to Springville! It was fun to get acquainted with you. Next time I hope we can spend more time! Your little guy is so cute!

Anneke and Kris said...

Im so jealous you got to meet Ben!!! I cant wait to see that little guy!!!

Anna said...

Fun times! It was great to finally meet the little guy and to catch up with you guys, and to eat lots of delicious desserts courtesy of Kwan.
(That picture of T in the stroller really does look like he is a newborn. Freaky!)

I still feel sad every time I think of you having to travel sick. That is by far my worst nightmare.

Anonymous said...

Much fun. I'm so glad you guys came. Let's do it again next year! Baby T and I need some more bonding time. So sorry you were sick. I hope it wasn't from me. Flying when you're sick is the WORST!

Drew and Stormi said...

What a blast! It's so nice to be close to family and have lots of help! Miss you guys!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Oddly, I have been to McCall ID for a family reunion...on our 1st year anniversary!
Sorry we missed you when you were in CA...it was my Christian's birthday and soccer practice. I am trying to convince Gavin that means we NEED to take a trip to Hawaii (post baby, of course). You guys look great!!

Bill Hastings said...

Great trip, great pix! Where next?