Monday, May 11, 2009

pali lookout

It was my first Mother's Day! Tristan had to have known it was a special day because he slept in until 7:30 am. (bed time was 8:30 pm) Amazing. Thanks little one. I usually rely on him for my alarm clock so I woke up later than I was hoping because I had some lesson preparation stuff I needed to get done before 9:00 church. It was a little stressful morning but it turned out fine. When we came home, the house was an oven. It's been SO hot in Honolulu this past week, with no winds, almost unbearable. After lunch, we decided we needed to get out and cool off. One of Christian's favorite places is the Pali Lookout. It was nice and cool at the lookout, and of course beautiful. We now know where to escape to when our house heats up.









While Christian made us dinner (Chicken Katsu - Yum), T and I enjoyed some light reading. It's fun because he's finally starting to focus on the images in front of him. He will be reading in no time.



It was a lovely Mother's Day. Shout out to our moms; Marsha and Jlynn. Hope you had a grand day and thank you for being wonderful mothers.

9 comments:

tatum said...

aw, T is such a sweetie. he's just precious! i wish we could be up there to visit you guys and meet the little special guy. happy mother's day!!

Bill Hastings said...

Glad you had a great day. The view from the lookout is my favorite!

Anna said...

TK is so thoughtful to let you sleep in. You are training him well.

Whitney said...

Very nice. Happy first offical Mother's Day! That pic of Tristan peeking out of the black-and-white blanket is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day! So cute...such a cute family!

Marsha said...

Thank you Shandra. I love you dearly. You are a great
mother. Wish we could of been together this year for Mother's Day!

Brooke said...

I'm loving all your pictures and videos - your family is so cute. the nusery looks awesome - i'm impressed with your guys' skills!

Tasha said...

Sounded like a great Mother's Day to me! Tristan really is such a cutie. Love him.

Alisa said...

Smart kiddo, reading already.