Saturday, May 30, 2009

"it's like a heat wave...."

The weather has been pretty gnarly lately. It has been in the 80s and the humidity has been off the charts, with light winds. Vog has taken over the island (volcanic smog, it's finally starting to clear up thank goodness.) When the Vog rolls in, our allergies act up and my eyes turn blood red. The heat has been almost unbearable. I normally try to grocery shop in the afternoon when it's at its peek just so I can be in air conditioning. I haven't bothered doing my hair this week because it usually ends up looking like this;



I don't mean to complain! I know that the winds will pick up soon and it will be back to normal. We did have the opportunity to use a friends pool the other day. Tristan loved it. It was his first time dunking in a pool. (I know that every post on our blog talks about Tristan's 'first' time this, 'first' time that, and it's probably getting annoying, but get used to it because he's got a lot of 'firsts' ahead of him. ha ha, sorry!) Here are some pics of pool day;







He really enjoyed being in the water and cooling off. Thanks Nancy for letting us use your pool. You may be seeing a lot of us this summer.

6 comments:

Alisa said...

He is growing up so fast. So fun!

Bill Hastings said...

I think it'll be a little cooler today. It could be worse -- you could be in southern California!

Shandra and Christian said...

Southern California sounds nice right about now. It's in the mid 60s.

Whitney said...

Sounds miserable. Hope it lets up soon.

P.S. I love that Friends episode with the bit about Monica's hair.

Anna said...

Bring on the "firsts".

Dana and Chase said...

hot mama!!!!