Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Big Isle

We headed over to the Big Island for Memorial Day weekend. This trip was Tristan's 'first' for many things.

First time on a plane. It was only a 30 minute flight but this boy did great. He slept the whole time. Just a practice run for our 5 hour flight in July to California. I'm a little nervous for that one.


First time visiting daddy's home in Kamuela. It was warm this time but cooled down some at night.


Dad and Tristan built a mini-fort in the front yard.


First time wearing a coat! No joke. Sometimes I wish we lived in cooler weather just so he could wear these cute jackets. Manoa gets pretty chilly so maybe next winter.


First time touching the ocean. Christian and the Wibergs were trying to convince me that he's ready to go all the way in. I didn't give in. I only let Christian put him in up to his knees.


Mama knows best. :)


Last but not least, his first time sleeping in a crib! We of course didn't bring his vibrate chair with us, so we thought that we would try out the portacrib. He slept 10 hours straight! It was magic. So we tried it out again last night in his big crib at home...and we are in business. No more buying big D batteries to keep his vibrate chair going all night. I'm so proud of him.

Good times on the Big Isle. Thanks for having us!

4 comments:

Tasha said...

So fun. Seriously Shandra he is so cute. I just love seeing pictures of him. I am glad you had a good Memorial. And 10 hours through the night??? How do you get a baby like that? But, I am glad for you :) keep enjoying that cute boy.

Bill Hastings said...

So nice to have you here. When are you coming back?

Anna said...

We can't wait for his "first" meeting with his Hastings clan.

Vauri said...

Shan he is just too cute!!! I love the pic of him sleeping on you!! I love babies sleeping! He is getting so big can't wait till you guys come visit!