Saturday, January 19, 2008

Cloverfield



Aside from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, this is probably the only movie that our family movie critic, (Christian), said was flawless. Quote "I don't think there is one thing I would change about this movie." We both couldn't stop talking about this movie after we saw it and we decided that it was pretty much amazing. Despite the motion sickness you feel while watching it, it keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole hour and 1/2. Yes, if you get bad motion sickness, I'd advise that you not watch this movie. They had disclaimer signs all over the theater before you go in, telling us to be prepared. The hand held camera shaking was worse than Blair Witch Project. Christian didn't realize that he got motion sickness until we watched this movie and he was scanning the theater for his quick exit if need be. The actors were unknown and amazing and everything was so believable. (They were all pretty hot too.) There is this one kissing scene that I just can't get out of my head, your heart just melts. Anyways, if you can tolerate crazy camera movements, go see this movie!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

I really want to see this one, it does sound great. Thanks for not giving away to much info. It was good seeing ya guys at the wedding.

Samuel Lippke said...

alright, I'll probably watch it now.
With a stream of amazing movies that just came out, (there will be blood,I am Legend,No country for old men,Atonement,Juno) I've been extremely picky with what movie gets me inside the theatre...but under your recommendation...I'll hit up Cloverfield.