Sunday, September 22, 2013

Potty training fun and more...

This little girl is potty trained now!  We did the 3-day challenge where we start with the Bye Bye Diapers ceremony and throw her diapers away in the trash (I secretly fished them out later because I felt bad throwing diapers away).  We never leave the house and I have to be by her side every second of the day.  And I have to bug her by saying, "Tell me when you have to go shee shee!"...over and over and over again.  And there's a lot of mess to clean up around the house, and a lot of laundry.  Potty training is pretty much every mom's nightmare!  But after those 3 days a miracle happens; She is 100% potty trained!  No more diapers, no pull ups, nothing.  Just undies! 

We are seriously so impressed with how well Betsy did.  Since day one she has not had one accident at night.  She wakes up every morning with a dry bed!  I never have to bring extra undies on our outings because she has never had an accident.  She always tells me when she has to go.     

Some activities that kept us busy; baking, board games, dance parties, movies, reading...yes, a lot of Betsy time!
 

Below is the one picture that kind of sums up my birthday this year.  The day was pretty uneventful and the kids chose this day to make my job a little harder.  Mid-morning, Betsy decided to put flubber in her hair!  I was panicking a little because it wasn't coming out.  But then Christian googled it at work and found out that vinegar takes it right out, and it did!  It turned the flubber back into liquid and washed right out.  Happy birthday mama!  

Tristan the gansta:

The kids spend many afternoons outside playing tea party and cooling down with the hose.  

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Congratulations, Betsy girl! Seriously, potty training sounds like such a nightmare. But you survived! I'm impressed. And I'm so glad you didn't have to shave her head, I love her hair. And the pic of her resting her belly on the counter while she bakes.

Whitney said...

Fun times with the keiki. That picture of Betsy's belly resting on the counter is amazing. Super exciting that she's potty trained and that she did so well. I sort of dread that process.

Anna said...

That potty training sounds intense but dreamy. Worst thing ever=potty training. Congrats to Bets and to you for surviving it with flying colors.

Gavin and Shawna said...

I miss you guys! You obviously have your hands full right now...yikes! I am determined to potty train Camille at 2 so I can officially be done with diapers FOREVER (until G or I end up in our old age...haha!)I still want to live with you guys there in Manoa!