Friday, January 20, 2012

We're back!

The kids can FINALLY breath out of their noses and I no longer need to pack a wad of tissue every time we leave the house!  I think we were going on 5 or 6 weeks of stuffy noses, fevers, ear infections, nasty coughs, and throwing up.  In and out of the doctors we went.  I was getting about 2 hours of sleep every night, trying to tend to the kids not being able to breath or when they spiked fevers.  Christian struggled to survive at work on little sleep.  The sad thing is, their sicknesses lasted so long, it almost seemed like our new way of life.  It began to feel like we would never sleep again.  The kids would rotate waking up every 30 minutes, it was killing us! (me)  We were kind of sinking into a hole, we even called in a super nanny to evaluate our situation because we knew that this couldn't be normal.  I understand that this could happen a few nights, or even a week, but almost 2 months?  Anyways, my point is, we clawed our way out of that hole and our family is up and running again.  I just hope that we don't catch that nasty stomach flu that is going around right now!  

To celebrate our wellness, we headed out to the beach of course and enjoyed some vitamin D.    
Someone can't keep his eyes off the surf.
 Notice the leg crossing.  It's her new thing and it's so cute.
So squishy.
 Tristan went ahead and put the leash on by himself and pretended to surf on Dad's board.  Then he would jump off the board and yell, "wipe out!".  
I hope I don't sound like a whiner!  I know that a lot of families go thru this, I'm just learning how to deal with 2 kids now.  It's not easy!  It just feels so good to be back though.  

9 comments:

becca olsen said...

Shandra! I'm glad to hear that you guys are feeling better! It is no fun running on zero sleep. Betsy is looking so grown up and as cute as ever! We have been dreaming of Hawaii this week.. it's -30 here! Missing you!
ps- we need to skype soon... way overdue!

Artsy Aut said...

Sick kids are so hard! Im so glad you guys are better!! I love the beach pictures. Cant wait to go to the beach with you again!!!

Bill Hastings said...

Finally! Good news. Now let's hope everyone can stay well for a long time.

Chelcie said...

Oh I'm so glad you're all feeling better! I just LOVE the pictures of Bets.. She is a moose! Ha ha she seriously looks bigger than Tristan. Love those kids, so cute!

sara said...

We've had sick kids too basically since Thanksgiving (except for about 2 weeks in there) so I know what it's like. Your sickness sounds alot worse than ours did though!!! It feels like it will never end (Henry STILL has a runny nose). It is some serious hard work!! Props to you guys! I LOVE the picture of Betsy in her swimsuit. Priceless.

Anna said...

I am sooo sorry. Sounds like you've earned your stripes. Glad everyone is on the mend.

Whitney said...

Such a terrible run you guys have had! Sounds miserable. I'm so glad everybody's better. Tristan looks ripped in the picture of him and Bets. The pic of Bets from behind is great, and her ankle crossing is very cute.

cassidy said...

Stuff like this scares me about having 2 kids! I'm such a wimp with one. I don't know how you survived with two sick kids for so long.

I love the beach pics. I just want to squeeze Betsy.

Courtney said...

I can't believe how bad it was, you are not a whiner, you are a champion! And your kids are perfect. Seriously love Betsy's squish.