Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tristan's stories


A few months ago I found these baby memorabilia books/boxes for the kids.  I'm able to journal baby progress and stories in their books, as well as collect little things for their boxes.  (book fits inside of box, love it).  Anyways, one thing that Christian started up with T-man was his own story book on a tiny memo pad.  Tristan tells the story and dad writes it down for him.  I thought that this would be so perfect to put in his baby box and fun for him to read later on.  He's at a really fun age right now with so much to say.  He usually chooses the topic and it's written exactly as it comes out.  So...without further ado, here is a sneak peak at some of Tristan's stories:

Letter to Santa 
12/21/2011
Dear Santa,
This Christmas what I really want are toys.  I like trucks.  I like toys.  Like cars, trucks.  I like Toy Story 3.  I want bikes.  I am excited for you to come.  What cookies do you like?
Love,
Tristan

(Quick background on this next story - A bird was hit by a car and smashed in front of our house.  So every time we walked by, we had to talk about how sad it was for the bird.  We kind of took advantage of the opportunity to teach him about looking both ways before crossing the road.  I think it worked).

The Bird on the Street
1/1/2012
Bird not wants to go on the street.  And the street yeah.  The bird not wants to hit a car.  The car came and hit the bird.  The bird got smashed.  He wants his mommy.  The bird saying, "stop car!", "stop dad!".  The End.

Tristan's Swim Class
1/13/2012
I do in my swim class today.  I want to do the treasure!  Not want to do the treasure.  When I'm at home, mom, you be in swim class.  Teacher was good.  Betsy not want to go to swimming pool?  Mom, look at that, Betsy has a big tushie.  Betsy make bubbles.  The End.

Tristan goes to the Library
1/20/2012
I go to library.  I pick out books.  One book.  There's one, and two and three!  And I get one book.  I pick five. Only one book, and two.  We read quietly.  We get three and four and five and six.  I like two and three.  Only one and two and three.  I picked one book.  That's the end of the story.  We got two and three and four and five.

Bronson's Birthday
1/31/2012
Bronson doesn't like his birthday.  He don't likes it.  Because he don't likes it.  Because he's mad at his birthday.  His birthday's gonna be gone.  He wants a green birthday.  He likes a red birthday.  He likes a blue birthday.  He likes a yellow birthday.  He likes a purple one.  He likes purple.  He likes birthday presents, a green present.  He likes a blue one.  The End.

7 comments:

Dana and Chase said...

Oh my Gosh, me and chase were laughing so hard! What's cute idea, and what a clever little boy ou have!

Tasha said...

That is so stinkin cute. Oh my word, I loved them all. I have to say the bird one had me cracking up. I love how as parents we take advantage of some things...

Courtney said...

Amazing, great idea and amazing kid. I feel like he's the next Dr. Seuss.

Chelcie said...

Love that little guy so much. Bronson loves it that he made it in T's book!

Bill Hastings said...

Must be a genius!

Whitney said...

Those are so funny! What a great idea! He will love to look back at those. He's so cute.

Anna said...

Great idea....