Friday, January 27, 2012

9 months old

Betsy girl is 9 months old today!  She is growing up so fast, it's unbelievable, and sad for me.  But it's a lot of fun watching her personality develop.  She is such a sweet little girl, and she's also really silly.  I can already tell that she's going to be really funny.  She laughs and smiles all the time.  We have also learned that she is a momma's girl for sure.  She is at that stage where she will only go to me for comfort, which I love and also hate because I need a break once in awhile but that's never an option.  But when she's really tired and we are both ready to snuggle, she just puts her thumb in her mouth and lays her head on my chest for a good 5-10 minutes or so, without moving!  I don't remember having that snuggle time with Tristan, for that long anyways.  I will always cherish the cuddle time I have with my Bessie Boo.  

There is also so much of her to love!  If you haven't noticed, she is our very round baby.  Catching up quickly to Tristan's stats.  At her 8 month appointment, she weighed 22 lbs.  Tristan weighed 25 lbs.  Putting her at "plus 95%".  And she's really tall too!  28 inches, putting her at 85%.  We are so proud of your rapidly growing body little Betsy!

She's waving now.
Learning how to eat her solids (finally!).
Goes down nicely for her 2 naps in the day.
Wakes up about 3-5 times every night, just wanting to cuddle. (killing me!)
 Her once blue eyes are now a hazel color like her dad.  Brown/green.
Her hair has a red tint in certain lighting.  Otherwise, it's sandy blonde I think.
Curls, curls, and curls!
Her two bottom teeth are making their way in nicely.
Her favorite jibber word, "baa baa baa".
When she gets really excited, she squeals in a high pitch.
Not mobile yet!  She sits on her tush or can roll around some.

Showing off those round curves.
 
We all survived brother's "potty training week"!  Betsy was such a good sport and gave her brother so much support.  Potty training was a success!  We are all glad this week is over.

Happy 9 months Betsy love!

6 comments:

Emily C said...

Betsy is oh so precious. I can't believe she's waking up so much in the night!! how are you coping? It's a good thing she is so cute, and cuddly like you say. :-)

Courtney said...

Your sleeping issues are so much worse than mine!! But Bes is perfect. So much love. She'd better cuddle with me in August!

Bill Hastings said...

She is a cutie! Sorry I missed her this week. Also glad the potty training is finally over. Congrats to Mr. T!

Chelcie said...

So much love for Bets! Bronson & I are obsessed with her!

Whitney said...

Such pretty pictures! I laughed at your "round curves" caption:-) Love the update. Love the snuggliness (except at night). And FYI, Betsy with her 95%+ is NOTHING compared to baby in our ward - 4 months old and 21 lbs. I've never seen anything like it.

Anna said...

She is unbelievably adorable. Can't believe she is 9 months.