Sunday, July 6, 2008

arkotec enters public domain




On July 4th, Arkotec made it's Honolulu debut at area store located in the arts district of Chinatown. We were invited to add Arkotec goods to their stylish, vintage modern shop of various home furnishings and decor. They've only been open a year now, but have already been featured in a number of local publications and will also be in both dwell and wallpaper magazines in the next few months. There aren't many shops of their kind, especially on Oahu, so we're stoked to be able to gain exposure through them. Along with t-shirts, we also debuted Arkotec's Products for People line, at least a portion of it. Products for People is Arkotec's expansion into home decor, art and other creative experimentations. By using recycled fabric and material, we are able to create environmentally friendly goods which are more unique and special. We hope to have more info and images of various Products for People up soon. peace

13 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

That is amazing!!! I am so excited for you guys! I am glad I got some of the original work. Makes me feel special for when you make the big time!

Whitney said...

Looks great! Congratulations on the big debut. We are so proud of you and are convinced Arkotec is gonna be huge. The pillows look amazing, and we want some as soon as we get furniture.

bbcurfew said...

I'm obsessed with Arkotec! I want to buy all the amazing stuff and support it too! I love the design, style and theory. Can't wait to see what's next!
Brittany

Anna said...

I want the pillows. I think this is so great. I hope it takes off. Very nice stuff. Well done!

Tasha said...

That is so awesome! I am very excited for you guys. I too love the pillows. (And have always loved the shirts) I keep coming on to look at your pictures below too. Still think they are way awesome.

Dana and Chase said...

that is so cool!!! i cant believe how amazing you both are!!!! Im so happy for u! and guess what i want those pillows! i have been trying to find some for our couch for forever and those would be perfect! ill email you :)

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I wish we could have seen it all! I think it's about time we invest in some new arkotec stuff...

Bill Hastings said...

Pretty impressive. Where can I buy Arkotec stock?

elise said...

Shandra! I was blog hopping today & couldn't believe it when I stumbled on yours!! I was so excited to see how you are doing.

Hawaii looks like so much fun! It looks like you & Christian are doing really well.

We miss you guys in San Diego.

Stefanie Stephenson said...

You guys are so creative. Once we have a house you'll have to give us decorative direction...as you can tell now from our ghetto place.

Ann Canyon said...

LOVING IT!! This is all so exciting. Shandra- the pillows are fantastic. Knew that sewing would come in handy. ;) So where's the website? xo

Kelly de Villiers said...

How cool is that! I miss you guys!

Steph Strike said...

YOU GUYS!!! This is so exciting. Shan, great job on the pillows. Christian, you are a fantastic designer!!! Yay!!!!