Wednesday, January 12, 2011

big island highlights part I

Photobucket
One of the coolest parks I've ever seen. It's huge!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I totally get the golfing obsession. It's really peaceful and relaxing. I chose to sit out and drive the cart and read my book.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I jumped in and took a swing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
We met up with the Ray family, who were in town for their family vacation, staying at the Mauna Kea Hotel. We love the Rays. Tristan finally got to meet Rowan and they hit it off. How weird would it be to be thrown into a bath with stranger? They didn't seem to mind.

Photobucket
The Dads bathing their little ones.

Photobucket

Photobucket
At Mauna Kea Beach, Tristan attempted to take his new paddle board out for a test ride. He likes the idea of having a board, and carrying it, but once when he's in the water with it he gets a little nervous. Does that make him a poser? I think so. When he gets bigger, I'm sure he will toughen up.

Photobucket
Tristan barking orders at his Aunt Winnie and Uncle Diego while building their sand castle.

Photobucket
While mom and Aunt Coco relax in the sun.

Photobucket
Our favorite black sand beach, Waipio Valley. The weather was pretty chilly this day, but some of us were brave enough to jump in for a little swimming and surfing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Christian carves, stalls and prepares for his barrel.

Photobucket
Jim manages to create a nice spray while floating on the wave.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Stay tuned for BI highlights part II.

4 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

'Twas a great week. Good memories.

The last Unicorn said...

So fun and I love your cute belly! We need to see more pics of it :)

Courtney said...

Much fun. I get the golf thing now, too. I may not be good at all, but it's really nice to be out on the course...

And thanks for choosing blog-appropriate pictures. Good work.

Jodi J said...

I started showing Talia pics of Tristan - her friend in Hawaii that she'll get to play with in a month. She kept calling him 'Hee-hen' See you all soon!!!