Tuesday, November 9, 2010

20 months

Photobucket

  • Some new words; "water", "Juice", "Zoo", "Cheeeeeeeze", "Pease" (please). "Papa", "Tutututututu" (Grandma in Hawaiian), "Nama" (Grandma in Californian), "Willllla", (the neighbor's dog), "Car", "lawdlawdlawdla" (banana), "Baby" as he points to children smaller than him, which are rare to find.
  • His obsession with Buzz Lightyear has gone extreme. To get from one place to another, he first needs to poke his chest (the button to expand his wings), spread his arms out, shout "Buzz!" and run as fast as his little legs can handle. In his nursery class at church, he shouts out "Buzz!" in the middle of the lesson when they are asking the kids who created the animals. Buzz solves everything; when he's having a melt down, all we need to say is "Buzz?", and he immediately cheers for joy.
  • He almost goes to bed willingly at night. We just have to keep the door open, lights on in the other rooms, and continue with our evening so he knows that we are still there. Some nights are better than others, but we are making progress.
  • We haven't been to the doctors in a month or so but I'm assuming that he's still not on the charts. I'm not worried. He's easy to carry! He will get his growth spurt soon.
  • He is always so thrilled when "dada" comes home from work. He immediately stops what he's doing and runs and tackles him to the floor.
  • Tristan is still into kissing his mom and dad...on the lips...sometimes using tongue. I'm not sure where he learned that from but oh my!!! Should I be concerned?
  • He makes friends wherever he goes and gets along really well with them. He's a lover, not a hater. (see bullet above)
  • He has taken an interest in sitting on the toilet, with the seat up, and his clothes off. Signs of potty training? oh boy.
  • Some of his favorite games; Simon Says, Red Light Green Light, and Hide and Seek.

10 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

He's one cute kid!

Drew and Stormi said...

He is one cute kid! I love his shirt...I just bought Kai Buzz pajamas that look like that...He shouts "to the rescue!" and runs! I wish we were still around Manoa and you guys! Miss you!
SOOOO CUTE! I can't believe how big he is!

Whitney said...

He's growing so quickly. So adorable.

Vauri said...

I can't believe how old he is getting!! He is so adorable Shan and I love how curious of the world he is!! So cute!

The last Unicorn said...

so cute. I bet I can guess where he saw how to kiss with the tongue...

Courtney said...

He is getting so big so fast. I can't wait for next month!

Marci said...

i love the part about tristan's obsession with buzz, link is the same. clayton has a wrist blood pressure cuff; link puts it on his wrist and talks to star command all the time. i love this age of immagination.

Anna said...

I love that he is a lover. He is awesome. Wish we got to see more of you guys.

sara said...

Oh I can so relate to so many of these!! Maggie still kisses on the lips AND with tongue sometimes. She practically sucked my lips off one morning, I was so shocked! She also loves to be naked but especially when she's "using the potty" which happens more and more. I love his Buzz obsession. That cracks me up!! T is so adorable!!!

Brooke said...

Collin my two year old saw T's picture and said "Buzz lightyear to the rescue!" T is so cute. My kids are obsessed with buzz also, And Thomas the train and Lightening McQueen. So fun to see your little guy grow. I can't believe he is 20 Months!