Friday, January 8, 2010

christmas 2009

This year, we headed over to California to spend Christmas with my family. From the airport we drove straight to the cabin. There was snow! Now it felt like Christmas. Tristan has never worn so many layers in his life, so he was a little confused at first, but he adjusted and was a great sport hanging out in the cold with us. It was so great to be able to be with my family on Christmas this year. I'm realizing now that we didn't take the camera out that much this trip, so we don't have that many pictures.

Swing time!
Bubba.

His first time touching the snow/ice.

Back in Orange County, we were busy! Whenever I come to California, I try to be as productive as I possibly can. It's difficult with the time difference, because CA is 2 hours ahead of us, so my mornings are usually wasted. Also, baby T doesn't sleep well on vacations, which means I'm not getting much sleep. I was fighting a cold this whole trip and thankfully I beat it!
Visiting with Steph and Baby Benjamin, a little dreamboat.
While having lunch with our friends, Kelly and Jason, Tristan enjoyed his first slide experience.
We headed down to Oceanside to meet up with Christian's family. Most of them were in town for the holidays, staying at Whitney and Jim's (cute) house. Court and Todd drove out from Utah and C's parents flew in from HI. It was great to see all of them! The picture above is at the Natural History Museum in Balboa Park. I love Balboa Park and wish that we took more advantage of that place while we lived there.
New Years was spent in Newport Beach at our friends (Laura and Joshua's) house, with my siblings and several other good friends. It was a pajama party! That saved us the trouble of having to find cute New Years outfits.
Sister love.
Clawson clan with our spouses.
Brookie's wedding! Go to Jenn's photo blog to see more pictures of the handsome couple. She did a great job!
Does anyone else want to kiss those lips as badly as I do?
Addison toasting the couple yet again. Her toasts were very sweet and sincere. Just a highlight, "we're glad we're a family, and glad about Mando and Brookie, and we're glad about the candles and we don't get burned, and Christmas is over and we cleaned up the decorations and we take the Christmas tree down, and the reindeers are gone."
Tristan became musically inspired and performed "Can you feel the love tonight?" on the piano.
Note to self, don't ONLY take pictures of your little one. You'll miss out on a lot of other cute faces. I'm sad about the lack of photos. We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your new year!

8 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

It was so good to see you guys while you were here! That was a great way to bring in the new year.

Side Note: I can't believe how long Tristan's eyelashes are!

Bill Hastings said...

Great pix! Is that T's first experience with a white shirt and tie?

Anna said...

If you are only going take pictures of one person it may as well be Tristan. He is so adorable.
Glad you had fun and your sister looked beautiful. I love her dress.

Tasha said...

What a fabulous trip. Your family is just so beautiful SHandra. I am glad you got to see so much family and friends.

Brooke said...

Oh that looked like such a fun trip! You guys look so happy. I love that little boy of yours. So adorable!

Emily C said...

Tristan is such a beautiful baby. i can't wait to see what your little girls will look like :)

happy new year!

Briana said...

I love checking out your blog. It all seems so surreal. You are so gorgeous and your little boy is very handsome!! I think we all need a ski trip in Brian head again soon. I miss you guys!!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Nice beard bro.


Sweet that you got to see Pipe and the Eddie. We might have to come join you for the comp December 2010!

Happy New Year!