Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Special Visitors



My cute family came to visit last week and we had the best time. (We missed you Ian, Alisa, Addi, Bronson, and Mondo!) I was able to take two days off of work to play with them, even though I am in the negatives with my vacation days. It was all of those weddings this year, I'm telling you! It's not easy being indoors working when you live here. So I got to be a tourist for the weekend and it was fun. We rode wave-runners, went to Sandy's Beach, hit up North Shore for some Waimea Bay swimming/snorkeling and some Stortos sandwiches in Haleiwa. I am so glad that I was able to spend Father's Day with my dad this year. He's a stud. We made them breakfast at our house Sunday morning and then went to church together. I love being with my family. They always make me laugh. Thanks for a good time guys.



Yes, we have freakishly long toes but at least they are painted.



To go along with my new obsession with sewing, I'm kind of a nerd and brought the sewing machine back to the hotel for our 'sisters sleepover'. Actually, I made my dad carry it and he looked great doing it. I'm so proud of Brookie, she made herself a beach dress (almost finished.) Chelcie started hers and sewed one strait hem, but got distracted by something more exciting and didn't finish. I'm sure she will one day. I made this cute little beach dress for Addi boo;



Thanks for visiting fam! And for those who would like to visit, I promise I won't force you to sew. I will leave the sewing machine at home.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! I want to come visit! And I'm pretty impressed with the little dress you just threw together. So cute!

Bill Hastings said...

Good fun! Anxious to see you good work.

kori said...

How fun! I love having my family come visit. What a cute dress you made for Addi! I am impressed.

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Aww, look how cute. You're becoming such a perfect little mormon housewife :)
And by the way, you trying to blame your jacked up body on your spotter...I could have just let you go and land on your head. Which would you prefer? Punk :)
Don't worry, I won't spot you ever again.

Tasha said...

SO SO FUN!! I love getting to be with family. I am glad you were able to have Father's Day with your family. How very very fun! I love that you brought your sewing machine too. That dress for addi is darling!

sara said...

I love the family picture. Looks like you guys had a blast. Isn't it great when (almost) everyone can get together.

Briana said...

I am impressed with your sewing. I need to learn to be a little homemaker. I am not good at anything like that. :) Your family looks awesome. I am glad they were able to come visit you.