Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend on the Big Island

We had the opportunity to fly over to the Big Island for Memorial weekend and spend time with Christian's folks. Our goal was to relax as much as possible and indeed, we did relax. Saturday morning we went to watch all of Jlynn's (mom Hastings) piano students perform in their recital and they were amazing. It made me kick myself for giving up on piano so early. Jlynn is so talented and you can tell how much her students love her. Amazing food all weekend. German Chocolate Cake with homemade frosting, "Christian's Roast", fake Ambrosia Salad...these are all of Christian's favorites and he gets them every time he goes home. We snorkeled at "69's" beach on Monday morning and it was beautiful. We didn't take that many pictures this trip, this is all we got.


On the Ahloy's ranch.




Please tell me you agree that this cat is pretty sexy. Look at those eyes. This is Christian's best friend. He's a cat whisperer so they understand each other.
Christian and I went on a scenic drive Monday afternoon and I got to practice my Manual Stick driving (whatever it's called). I'm still not that good but pretty impressed that I can drive with my eyes closed.






Just some cool photos that we took while we were there.

6 comments:

Bill Hastings said...

Cute? Looks mean to me! 'Twas great to have you here for a few days.

Anna said...

Fun. I want to come and visit!!!!!!!!! I wish my kids could take lessons from Tutu.

Bill Hastings said...

Do! And they can!

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO GO HOME!!!! Those pictures are fantastic. SHELBY!? She's looking so skinny...so sad...Wish we were there!

Tasha said...

Sounds like you had a very fun Memorial Day weekend. Yeah for that! It is nice to get away, be spoiled, eat lots of good food, and relax.

Unknown said...

:) I should start a blog, it looks fun!

Shandra you look really pretty with the horse!

Cat sexy? I never thought a cat was ever sexy...Kahana, yah but not a cat. Maybe he has looked at me with those kind of eyes before...lol

I'm still learning stick too. I learn on the Big Island too!!!

Love the pictures!!!