Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tristan turned 4!

Our sweet Tristan turned 4 on February 26th.  I sat down with him to ask him some very important questions so we could remember all of his favorite things at age 4.  I did not help him with any of these, they were first words to come out of his mouth when I asked the questions.  

His actual birthday fell on a preschool day, which was at our house.  Below, his preschool class eats cupcakes together.  I love this little group.
     
His friend, Talia stayed and played that afternoon.

That evening we ate pizza, his favorite, and had some yellow cake with buttercream frosting.  Below, I sang a very intense Happy Birthday song.    


I truly believe that age four is the magic year!  We made it!  The tantrums are far and few.  Our communication is 100% better.  I love having conversations with Tristan.  So many great things are going on in his mind.  He loves to help with cleaning, carrying groceries, cooking, etc.  He is one smart boy, and such a sweetheart.  Happy Birthday Tristan!  

8 comments:

The last Unicorn said...

I feel the same way about spring time... once Easter is over, I am already getting amp up for Christmas! He makes me want to go to Arkansas too.
What a cute little guy... happy bday Tristan!

Courtney said...

He is so amazing, I love that you asked him those questions! What a little sweetheart. And I have to give a shout out to Bets and the way she's eyeing her cupcake at preschool. Happy birthday, T!

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Happy Birthday to Tristan! He and Betsy are such cuties. What a great keepsake to sit down with him and ask him those questions. Love his answers. So cute.

Whitney said...

So sweet. His answers were so great. I love that he wants to go to Arkansas, and I love that his favorite memory is dance parties with Betsy. Tantrums are suddenly in full swing at our house. I guess I should look forward to age 4. Glad to hear there's an end.

Bill Hastings said...

Amazing what goes on in this kid's head! Must be his great parents!

Anna said...

Arkansas. Hahahahahaha. So funny. Yup, the older they get, the better it gets. 4 is when it starts to get awesome, I totally agree. He is a great kid.

jenn (+ will) said...

I loved reading this so much. He is adorable! And growing up so fast!

Jodi J said...

Haha!! What a great birthday list!!