Tuesday, June 21, 2011

brave boy (first surf)

I dream of the day when Christian wants to go surfing and I can tell him to take Tristan with him. Aww...how nice will that be?  Mama can have a little breather.  When that starts happening, I will be encouraging the surfing A LOT more.  I was really happy last Saturday when we were at Kahana Bay with the youth from church, and Tristan was brave enough to paddle out with his Dad on a longboard.  It's all happening!  They will be having their surfing outings in no time.  They both had so much fun out there and caught a few waves.  C said that Tristan was saying "weeee" as they rode the waves.  Even when he was getting smacked in the face with water, he still had a big smile on his face.  
    
 Tristan is excited for his first surfing experience.  Check out the dirty water and rubbish on the beach.  I think that this side of the island got hit pretty hard with rain recently.  yuck.

 Due to the stronger wind, there were portuguese man-of-war and blue bubbles in the water.  C and T stopped to talk with some of the youth about what to expect in the water and showed them some of their wounds.

 They make their way over to their board.

 Their paddle out.

 Coming in from their session.  They actually caught a couple sizable waves out there.  Made me nervous!  (I've finally updated to the newer version of blogger, so you can now click on my photos to blow them up.  You can see T's cute face a little closer.  No more photobucket!)  



 He was shivering when he got in.  But I look forward to this part; I get to wrap him in his towel and snuggle with him.  I think he likes this part too.  :)

   He was so tired by the end of the day.  We were at Chinaman's Hat before we came here.  Long day for all, but it was a lot of fun.  

5 comments:

sara said...

How awesome he's started surfing with daddy! I love how happy he is and loves being in the water!! --Sara

Courtney said...

I love it! Yay for surfing with his dad!! And seriously, could he be any cuter?

Whitney said...

So cute! There's no chance T's not going to be huge into surfing, and soon:) Jim looks forward to taking our future keiki out.

The Blakes said...

Oh my gosh that is so cute!!!

Tasha said...

He is so cute Shandra. I love that he had his first surfing session with Dad.