Monday, December 14, 2009

jon swift

Jon Swift (aka Shawn Little) came to play in Kaimuki a couple of weekends ago. This was one of those moments in my life where I wish I could have lived it all over again, exactly the way it was. It was held in a loft of a home called the "ward rafters". The woman who lives there has turned her upstairs unit into a concert venue, seating about 50 people. The room was so intimate, you felt so close to the performers, as though they were playing to YOU only. To add to the coziness of the room, we were having a thunder and lightening storm outside while they were playing. Jon threw a violinist into the mix, which melted us even more and put us all into a trance as we listened to his music. ahhhhh it was so wonderful.



Some of you may recognize the shaggy boy as Rob Machado. He's been touring with Jon to help promote his new surf film "The Drifter".

Listen to one of our favorite songs below "Run River". Beware, the video is SUPER cheesy but it's all I could really find. (It's kind of funny). Grab a tissue and Enjoy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! I want to go to an intimate concert like that!

Anna said...

I think Rob would give his right arm to have been there. He hearts jon swift.

Whitney said...

That looks ja cwullest! Go, Shawn Little! P.S. That made me laugh out loud on the train:-) For those of you wondering, I couldn't remember his name and thought it was Shawn Little, which turned out to be the name of somebody in my ward I had never met (but whose name I apparently had in my head).