Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nursery Dresser

This piece was found on craigslist last month for $25 with the idea of using it for baby's nursery. We love new projects and were so excited to start working on it. We knew that this dresser had a lot of potential.

Before:




Inspired by the designer Orla Kiely, we chose colors we liked to brighten the baby's room. I am so proud of Christian for all the hard work he put into this dresser (while pregnant mama had to stay away from the fumes). If we had it our way, we would refinish furniture all day, every day. It's too much fun.

After:

14 comments:

Emily C said...

i am so in love with this dresser. amazing job. you guys have such great style.

Bill Hastings said...

I'm impressed!

Whitney said...

Super cute! Amazing job.

Anonymous said...

That looks so good! Nice work!

D Oesterle said...

Can't wait to see the room! The dresser looks great!
-Stormi

Dana and Chase said...

i love it shandra!!! I have so many pruses of orla kiley.. i love her.. you guys are amazing!

tatum said...

wow! i'm so jealous of your many talents.

The last Unicorn said...

That dresser rocks!!! I wish I had more of a creative touch. I always watch those home shows where they create all this cool furniture out of things they have bought a 2nd hand stores... I wish I could do that! You guys could start a company doing these kind of projects.

Tasha said...

Amazing!!! I am so very impressed! I love it too. This baby is going to be one lucky guy for having such incredibly talented parents.

Brooke said...

that looks awesome!

Kim said...

very cute!

Gavin and Shawna said...

i smell another side business brewing...nice work Christiano! This pregnancy has flown by...I cannot believe you will be full term next week!!

Anna said...

Lookin' good.

Brooke said...

Good work! Turned out awesome!