Saturday, December 13, 2008

best cookies ever.


We recently bought Ghirardelli chocolate chips cause they were on sale and thought we could try (to)see if they were different from Nestle ones. I take pride in my appreciation and understanding of quality chocolate chip cookies. I call myself a connoisseur, Shandra calls me a cookie monster. Either way, the resulting cookies were amazing. Probably among the top 5 best batches of all time. Fresh and warm from the oven, it was unreal.

Do yourself a favor and buy a bag
(use the recipe on the package) and test it out. It will blow your mind. We added some pecans for added goodness.
Here's a photo for the record books:



7 comments:

Bill Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Hastings said...

They do look good! I'm evidently more gourmand than gourmet. We had a bag of Ghirardelli chips for ages. Mom finally made cookies with them, and I don't think I noticed the difference. We'll have to try again.

Stefanie Stephenson said...

I love how often you guys post food on your blog. For some reason, more often than not, I have to wipe off the keyboard after I've looked at your blog...I have a drooling problem.

Ann Canyon said...

We love these cookies. Have you noticed that some of them got really thin though? I think I over-mixed the dough. I made pumpkin bread muffins the other day (amazing, who knew?!) and No Pudge brownie cupcakes last night (adding in the same chocolate chips). Go get you some of the no pudge. You just add non-fat vanilla yogurt to the cocoa mix. Easy, deeeeelicious and fat free! Nothing artificial either. Keep the tips coming. We're so homemaker-y.

Briana said...

My husband calls me a cookie monster too :) Nothing like a warm chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on top. Love the pictures of the sunset. Gorgeous! I need to see more pictures of you and your cute belly. I am getting excited for you.

Anonymous said...

try guittard chocolate chunk, and the recipe on the back of the bag is good too. guittard is another san francisco company, as ghiradelli. as for the pecans, roast them in the oven for about 10 minutes at 250 degrees, and the cookies be more delicious.

Whitney said...

I'll have to try that. Warm choco chip cookies are one of my favorite things in all the world.