Tuesday, November 25, 2008

big island trip

Two weekends ago we went to the B.I. for some R & R and time with the parents. Was a great trip, very relaxing. I got up super early and surfed some fun little waves, ran home to grab Shandra, went straight back down to the beach for some body surfing and tanning, then back in time for lunch. bam! That's how you do it. Of course the food is always plentiful and unreal at home. Like an all you can eat buffet with chocolate chip cookies and fudge. Thanks Mom, you're the best! Then I got the idea to further utilize our time by going golfing. Mom couldn't be convinced (too much housework!), but Dad is always ready to go. I called my friend Ian because there would be an extra seat if we got two carts and he and his Mom were down. Within a matter of minutes we were out the door on another mission to have some fun. We got out to the course by about 3:00 or so and were pretty much the last people around so we could take our time which was great. It's so peaceful and relaxing and cool out there. Nothing like playing some leisurely golf in shorts and slippas. It's good times even if most of us suck. I just love trying to hit the ball off the tee as hard as humanly possible. I only lost one or two balls and even Shandra was out there with baby getting it done. I was so glad she came with and with Meg there, she wasn't the only girl. I got to show off my mad skillz for my lady.
Here are some pictures of what took place:


don't mess with the locals.........................me stoked

the crew...........................................................lost ball
shandra. perfect form


schooled by the master...................................dad. rollin' solo
da boyz


shandra checking me out

focus and restraint........................................sheer aggression and power

final hole. sunset. I made par with a crazy long putt.

I miss having cats around. me and cats are super close (yes, all cats).


thanks M&D for letting us come hang out ! see you again soon!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously crying right now. Wow I am homesick. Those pictures are sweet. Looks like the typical Waimea day. You have no idea how jealous I am. 27 more days. Hallelujah! (PS Thanks for taking care of my babies...Rusty looks skinny but Shelby's lookin' good.)

Bill Hastings said...

'Twas a great weekend! Hadn't realized how much could be fit into a Saturday! Now I'm even more anxious for Christmas.

Bill Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Can't wait to get there...so girls are allowed to golf?

Bill Hastings said...

As long as they don't giggle too much when they miss the ball!

Gavin and Shawna said...

So...I know those cheesy little baby counter seem, well, cheesy! But I have a hard time keeping track of the various prego bellies...so i need some kind of counter so I can be clued in=))
BTW---you look hot prego....and whats up with the christiano mullet?

Whitney said...

That made me really homesick, too, actually. I wanna golf there, but I need left-handed clubs.

We have to pack it in over Christmas, too, because Jim and I have so little time.

Tasha said...

That sounded like a very nice get away. Shandra you are looking so cute pregnant!! LOVE IT! I am glad you had fun golfing, surfing, and getting to eat lots of yummy food!

Steph Strike said...

Shan you are the hottest little pregnant girl, you were meant to be a mommie. I can't wait to meet your little guy. xo

Stefanie Stephenson said...

Well Done Shandra!! That is some seriously impressive form, made even more spectacular with a belly!